Mustard - The fat-buster on your dinner table
Mustard is more than it seems! Far from just being the accompaniment to burgers and hot dogs, it has been shown to have huge health benefits, not least of which is that it boosts metabolism.
Who would thought it of simple mustard? Whether you take it French, English, sweet or viciously strong, this food will do a little bit to help you shift those pounds.
Other health benefits:
Research into the nutritional benefits is ongoing, but so far it's proven to be a great source of calcium, dietary fiber, iron, manganese, magnesium, niacin, phosphorus, protein, selenium, zinc and vital omega-3 fatty acids.
At this rate it won't be long til mustard reaches "superfood status".
Adding More Mustard to your diet:
Who needs a reason? In my experience people who like mustard, LOVE mustard! Whether you use it in ground powdered form or ready made in a bottle, you'll get the benefits either way.
The best way to use it? Well that's up to you, but here are some ideas -
* Replace fatty salad dressings with
Apple Cider and Mustard dressing
* Include it in egg dishes, pickles, marinades.
* Sprinkle mustard seeds on salads, over veggies, rice and when roasting meats. If you find the raw taste a bit too much, roast the seeds first in a dry pan.
* Use bottled mustard to rub into pork and beef before and during roasting.
* You can even dip raw vegetable crudites into bottled mustard for a powerful unique dip.
Be adventurous - nobody's written the ultimate list of recipes yet, so go for it!
The power of replacing
If you've read much of this website or my
FREE 4 day online video and audio weight loss program
, you'll know that "food replacing" can help you lose life changing amounts of weight. Mustard is one of those replacements which can save you a ton of calories over the course of a year.
So, now you can wave goodbye to mayo with a smile on your face!